"None of us suddenly becomes something overnight. The preparations have been in the making for a lifetime.- Gail Goodwin


Day 256: Coffee with Issa Rae, the creator of the webseries Awkward Black Girl. She gave me some great marketing tips that I plan to use to promote DWP after we finish these last 3 episodes. I also told her about the Mitrice documentary and she was more than willing to help put the word out when we start our fundraising campaign.

Even better news is I FINALLY BOOKED SOMETHING!!! YIPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!

I booked the Epson industrial shoot and we filmed it today. It was a small cast & crew and a nice easy gig. Hopefully more to come before the year is up.


2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    That's awesome! Love ABG and Issa Rae. I actually contacted her a bit ago to see if I could pick her brain. Haven't heard back, but I was glad to be able to express how she has really been an inspiration to me and other black filmmakers and actors.

    Congrats on booking the industrial! It's so exciting when all your hard work pays off. Yay for your success!!!!

    Aisha


  2. Brandi Ford Says:

    Try contacting Issa through Twitter. When I emailed her it was hard to get a response but when I sent her a direct message on Twitter I heard back from her pretty quickly. I would suggest though, if you want to meet with her to pick her brain, have very specific questions that you're prepared to ask rather than just asking for general advice. She was super down to earth and very helpful in giving me the marketing advice I was looking for so I'm grateful she took some time out to meet with me.


Post a Comment