"None of us suddenly becomes something overnight. The preparations have been in the making for a lifetime.- Gail Goodwin


After I get off of work tonight I'll be on the internet watching the latest few episodes of Young & The Restless. Why you ask? Because tomorrow I'm meeting the casting director! I sent their office my headshot 6 months ago and I just got a call on Friday to come in tomorrow for a general and a cold-read.

A general {for my non-industry readers, i.e. my family} is an opportunity to meet with a casting director or agent, show them a glimpse of your personality as well as catch a glimpse of theirs. I'll also get to do a cold-read so it's a chance to audition... but for no role in particular. No matter. I get to show a new casting director what I can do and I'm VERY excited as this is the first audition where I'll actually be on a studio lot- gotta bring my id to even be allowed on the property. Just knowing that I've been given a chance to get in the room is awesome and with 6 months gone by since my submission, pleasantly unexpected.
0 Responses

Post a Comment