"None of us suddenly becomes something overnight. The preparations have been in the making for a lifetime.- Gail Goodwin


I should have posted this months ago, 8 months ago to be exact but at the time my digital camera was nowhere to be found. Now that I take it with me wherever I go I finally took a snapshot of the wonderfully encouraging gift I received in the mail back in February.

1. The Card
 In case you can't make it out, it says "Dream".
Inside are beautiful words of encouragement that were handwritten {lovely!} And in all caps are the words "I BELIEVE IN YOU!!"

2. The Gift
Accompanying the card was this lovely "Believe" magnet that stays on my refrigerator as a constant reminder that someone {besides my grandma} really does believe in me and my talent. And as you can see, little Stevie loves bending it from time to time when I'm not watching.

What prompted this gift? Nothing. No birthday, no holiday, no special announcement warranted this package that came in the mail. A friend just decided to send me something to encourage me while I pursue this crazy dream of mine and guess what? It worked!

So thank you Shelley for the lovely gift!! The card & the magnet serve as a great confidence booster when I'm feeling down but just knowing that you took the time out to even think of encouraging a friend beyond an email or facebook wall post is really really appreciated.
Labels: | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment