"None of us suddenly becomes something overnight. The preparations have been in the making for a lifetime.- Gail Goodwin


Last night's callback was a SUCCESS- I booked the part! I will be playing the role of Shay, a high school firecracker who doesn't trust boys in any way, shape or form. I'm not gonna name names but I think I have the perfect muse to draw inspiration from. :-)

"The Dating Dilemma" is a Christian film that explores dating with a purpose {that purpose being to find a spouse} and encourages teens/young adults to remain in platonic relationships until they're ready for marriage. We even received a form from the director saying this film is being made to glorify God so there is to be no alcohol, drugs or profanity on set. Suffice it to say, I'm sure I'll have a great time.

I'm sooooo excited as this will be my first film credit {yeah!} and will be submitted to film festivals upon completion. And for those of you asking about the pay {mainly speaking to my family here}, the rate is Copy, Credit, Meals. What that means is...

Copy: I'll get a copy of the finished product once it's been edited. And if it doesn't get completely edited for some reason then I'll get a copy of the footage of the scenes I'm in. I plan to have the producer sign this Copy Provided Agreement to make sure this happens as this is the main reason for doing non-paid gigs. I gotta get a copy in order to use it in my reel in order to get a good agent in order to get good auditions in order to get paid roles. Got it?

Credit: I'll get to add a film credit to my resume {my very first!} which will appear on IMDB. Again, this is another thing that will appeal to agents since my resume is full of nothing but theatre.

Meals: Also known as Craft Services, hopefully they'll have some healthy options there because I'm a sucker for sweets and I'm trying really hard to make better food choices. Not easy, let me tell ya!

We're shooting over the weekend in Orange County so we check into the hotel tomorrow which means I need to get off of here cause I got a script to study. {Woo-hoo!}

As a friend of mine just put it: "It has officially begun!"


Labels: , | edit post
7 Responses
  1. Donquetta Says:

    Congrats!!!


  2. Unknown Says:

    Congrats Brandi! I'm really excited for you! I can't wait to hear more updates so keep them coming!


  3. Stefanie Nicole Says:

    Wow congrats! So proud of you!


  4. Brandi Ford Says:

    Thanks for the support ladies! I appreciate it.




  5. Congratulations! Have a great shoot!

    Stephon


Post a Comment