"None of us suddenly becomes something overnight. The preparations have been in the making for a lifetime.- Gail Goodwin


Happy New Year friends!

The Year of the Hustle has come and gone and before us lies a new year filled with new promise and possibility. I'm starting this year off with an attitude of gratitude, thankful to God for allowing me to see 2011.

As ya'll know, I'm very much into themes and theme songs. They help me really visualize and hone in on what my focus is. And after really putting some thought into what it is I want to do and the type of results I want to see, this year's theme is...

Cultivation & Preparation!
CULTIVATE verb (DEVELOP)
•to try to develop and improve something 
•If you cultivate a relationship, you make a special effort to establish and develop it, because you think it might be useful to you
•to improve by labor, care, or study : refine
 


This year I plan on doing a better job of cultivating relationships with other people in the industry. While my main focus is to develop relationships with three casting offices in particular, I also plan to work on forming/strengthening my relationships with other actors, writers, directors, producers and representation as well.


PREPARE /PREPARATION
•the action or process of making something ready for use or service or of getting ready for some occasion, test, or duty
•a state of being prepared
•a preparatory act or measure

As Will Smith says, "If you stay ready, you don't have to get ready." Point blank it's time for me to really get serious about studying my craft again. Though I know I have natural talent and strong instincts I haven't actually ACTED in awhile. DWP doesn't really feel like acting to me because those are my words but even that is sporadic. I'm ready to act on a daily basis and combine my natural talent with solid technique. I haven't been in a consistent acting class since I left college so it's definitely time. Besides, I want to be 100% ready whenever I do get offered a meeting with an agent or an audition for a tv show or film. And the only way to do that is to practice, practice, practice. So I'm going to throw myself into classes I'm interested in for as long as I can afford them {not only acting, but dance as well to make sure I get in shape}. I'm also going to work on monologues/sides at home for me to post up on my youtube & vimeo page. 

I'll post my goals later today but in the meantime enjoy my 2011 theme song, Natalie Bedingfield's "Unwritten." Yes it's a bit of an oldie but it's still a goodie and it's very fitting for the place I'm at in my career. Here it is with lyrics for the few of you who may not know this feel-good song...

Email subscribers can view it here.
Labels: | edit post
1 Response
  1. looks like you've got a solid year ahead girlie!! i'm excited to watch it unfold!


Post a Comment